We’ve all been in that place before. Your parent calls and needs a ride to a doctor’s appointment or the grocery store right away. You typically clear your schedule for these types of situations, but you’ve had something come up at work, and you have to take care of it. Or maybe you’re out of town and there’s an emergency. What do you do about your mother or father? Who is going to take him or her to their appointment or errand? Who can you trust?
Recently, I was introduced to a young man named Morgan. He asked me about this very situation. He told me that his father, Roy, lives alone and due to some eye problems no longer drives. He depends on his son to take him wherever he needs to go. When Morgan has suggested a car service, his father balked because he didn’t consider them to be safe.
“Do you know of a senior transportation service I can use?” Morgan asked.
“I do.” I explained to Morgan that Luxe Homecare established a service years ago to help clients and community members fill the gap in their daily lives. We provide transportation for both ambulatory and non-ambulatory individuals in certain areas of Southern California. Our drivers are all insured, well- trained, and reliable.
After I was finished Morgan said, “Sign my dad up. This way if I have an emergency at work, or have to travel, he can still do what needs to get done. He’ll be a lot happier and so will I.”
Although our non-ambulatory service (i.e., wheelchairs) is only available in Pacific Palisades right now, Roy conveniently lives in Malibu. That’s one of several areas where our ambulatory service serves individuals who are ambulatory (and do not need assistance in transferring on and off the car seat). We also provide regular car service to Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Pacific Palisades and Santa Monica.
I called Morgan several weeks after we began taking Roy on his errands and to appointments to check in and see how things were going.
“I’m so happy I met you when I did. Now my father can spend time with friends, go shopping and do what he wants to do even when I’m not available to help him. He’s been taking your transportation service so often I’m beginning to think he likes your caregivers more than he likes me.”
I assured Morgan that Roy was only doing what any senior would do: getting things done on his schedule. Although I have to admit I did get a kick out of him saying that.
Why Use Luxe Homecare’s Senior Transportation Service?
Here are some reasons to use our senior transportation services:
- Our caregivers provide you with door-to-door service. They’ll pick you up at your home and bring you to your destination.
- All our caregivers are employees of Luxe Homecare, and they answer to supervisors; they are not their own boss.
- Employees have passed general background, criminal record and driving background checks.
- Our vehicles are serviced regularly and kept in top-notch condition. This ensures your parent is delivered safely to their appointment.
- We monitor the quality of our service, because our name is on every car and van, and how our caregivers perform reflects on our reputation as a home care agency.
- We aren’t a fly-by-night company. We’ve been in the community for years and are licensed and bonded, and have been certified by several agencies, including Medicare.