The day has come. Your mom or dad needs assistance in their home. They may require help with the basic activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, and dressing; meal planning, preparation or diet monitoring; light housekeeping or help with laundry; medication reminders; companionship; rides or escorts to appointments or post-hospitalization/post-surgical care.
- You’ve never had to hire a caregiver before. Your mind is filled with questions.
- Who do you contact?
- How can you be sure to bring in a reliable, dedicated, experienced, in-home care provider who has been background checked, is insured and bonded, and, most importantly, has your parent’s interest as their top priority?
- Does the caregiver have workers compensation and liability insurance; is he or she bonded?
- How can you be sure you are putting your family member in a safe situation?
After all, you’re bringing a stranger into your parent’s home, someone whom you have never met. You have no prior knowledge of how they lead their lives, what their level of compassion is, how well they are trained, and if their background is free of any criminal activity. You’re terrified of making the wrong choice as you’ve read numerous accounts of seniors being taken advantage of. Where can you turn?
Turn to Luxe Homecare, the Experts in Homecare
It’s best to call in the professionals and not fool around with independent caregivers, who will be in your employ—taxes, insurance and all. Luxe Homecare and other agencies who have similar licenses, accreditations and certifications are your best choice. We have met or exceeded our industry’s benchmark for home care. We’ve all heard the same disturbing stories you have, and would never put your parent in that type of situation. That’s why it is imperative that families do their due diligence before hiring anyone.
Because our in-home caregivers are employees and not independent contractors, we know what type of individuals they are. We focus on hiring experienced, caring, good-natured personnel, who have a passion for helping others. Our caregivers have at least a year of on-the-job experience if not more.
Your family member’s safety is as important to us as it is to you. That’s why Luxe:
- Vets all employees through personal interviews, criminal background checks and the Department of Motor Vehicles record checks.
- Offers the following training:
- One-hour orientation with new clients
- Assisting clients with wheelchairs
- Safety Housekeeping
- Medical Emergencies/Emergency Preparedness
- Essential Bedrest
- Proper Body Mechanics and Back Safety
- Assisting with Medications
- Fire Safety
- Customized training when required
- Annual training
- Provides liability and worker’s compensation insurance, as well as surety (dishonesty) bonding.
As employees, our caregivers have a company hierarchy in place to make sure that everything runs smoothly. We keep in touch on a daily basis through our telephone service, which alerts us when one of our dedicated caregivers arrives at your home, what they do while there and when they leave the premises. We also receive updates if a caregiver is ill or running late, allowing us to arrange for backup personnel.
Before we assign a caregiver to your loved one, we meet with you and your family member so that we can get a clearer picture of their personality and their needs. We pride ourselves on being to match our employees to our clients regarding location, the types of tasks needed, and, in some cases, even the language spoken. Besides English, several of our in-home staff speak Spanish and Tagalog.
Often due to the amount of time our caregivers spend with your parent, they take on the role of companion, confidante or friend. And if for some reason the original match doesn’t work out, we are prepared to change staffing upon request. We want your mom or dad to feel at ease in their home and want to give you peace of mind that they are receiving exemplary care.
We help you put all those worrisome stories about caregivers taking advantage of seniors to rest by giving your parent the very best care possible. We can also help with long-term care claims and other paperwork. Our service area ranges from the Bel Air, Beverly Hills and Brentwood areas to Malibu, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Long Beach, Newport Beach and Riverside. We can be reached at (310) 459-3535, via email info@LuxeHC.com.