Your LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE Policy: What Are You Paying For?
Before investing in long-term care insurance determine your lifestyle and health-related needs. Then weigh your budget against the cost of the LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE plan. If you can’t afford the top of the line plan, purchase one that allocates fewer dollars per day or covers you for a shorter time.
When research LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE policies look for:
- What conditions do you have to meet for in-home care coverage?
- What is the elimination or waiting period on your policy before it kicks in?
- Does the policy increase benefits for inflation automatically? How is it calculated?
- Can you downgrade the policy if the financial burden becomes too much?
- Does the policy have a non-forfeiture benefit?